Network Security Firewall Engineer
The Network Security Firewall Engineer will configure, monitor and maintain network security equipment including, access control lists (ACLs), layer 3 and 4 firewalls, and layer 4-7 application-aware firewalls.
- 8+ years of Networking experience
- Expert level knowledge of Cisco ASA and Palo Alto Firewalls
- Experience in administrating and troubleshooting firewalls in medium to large, complex organizations.
- Preferred applicants will also have experience with intrusion detection systems, VPN technologies, vulnerability assessment tools, event and log analysis solutions, configuration and change management and other network security systems and devices.
- Solid experience configuring and troubleshooting routing and switched infrastructure.
- Experience with packet capture and analysis methodologies.
- Preferred applicants will also be familiar with government information assurance standards including DISA STIGs, NIST 800-53, IAVAs management, auditing and accreditation processes.
- Experience scripting with Python, Java, and or Perl.
Responsibilities to Include:
- Skill in implementation of physical and virtual firewalls.
- Experience with Remedy trouble ticketing system.
- Manage firewall and network security systems by establishing and enforcing approved policies.
- Ability to research and verify ports, protocol and services (PPS) for security compliance.
- A thorough understanding of how applications communicate over the network using source and destination IP addresses, ports and protocols.
- Ability to analyze network security requirements and implement perimeter security changes.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in coordinating and troubleshooting with customers, other infrastructure support activities and business units.
- Develop network documentation of security infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting a variety of products within a multi-vendor environment.
- Monitor network performance and implement performance tuning as necessary.
- Utilize industry best practices for security, disaster recovery, business continuity, change control, the engineer will design, configure, manage and troubleshoot a variety of network firewall technologies.
- Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Leave Accrual
- Short Term Disability
- Additional (Voluntary) Life Insurance
- Additional (Voluntary) AD&D Insurance
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Care Plan
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Online Training
- AFLAC Supplementary Insurances
Spinvi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Spinvi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Spinvi expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Spinvi’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.